Recruitment of Senior Editors takes place annually in March and is open to all Associate Editors.
If you enjoyed your role as an Associate Editor and want to continue to contribute to the development of of Carleton Perspectives on Public Policy, submit your application to be a Senior Editor by March 17, 2017. Five Senior Editor positions are available.
As a Senior Editor, you will have the opportunity to:
- See the development of the next issue of the journal to completion and gain further experience with the peer review process;
- Contribute to the decision-making about the final selection of papers; and
- Work closely with an author to make their paper the best it can be for publication, contributing to the development of a journal that reflects the high quality of academic work and the unique policy perspectives of SPPA students at the Masters’ level.
As a Senior Editor, your responsibilities will include:
- Thoughtfully reviewing another 4-5 papers by late April (Senior Editors will read all seven papers considered by External Reviewers i.e. 4-5 new papers, in addition to the 2-3 papers already read for the Associate Editor meeting);
- Participating in an editorial meeting in late April/early May to consider external reviewer feedback; contributing to the final selection of papers to be published, based on external reviews and with consideration for Associate Editor reviews; and
- Working one-on-one with an author in May-June to prepare their paper for publishing (it is preferable for Senior Editors to be in Ottawa throughout this time frame).
Senior Editors should have strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills. Enthusiasm for sharing ideas and support for student work is an asset!
If you have any questions about the Senior Editor role, please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Seto, Editor-in-Chief, at email@example.com.